If you forgot the password of your Cisco switch, the first question is “How to break cisco switch password” ! Cisco switch password recovery process is a great way to reset your password. In this article we have shown you the resetting process at routers. Today we will examine how cisco switch password recovery is done.
First you should connect to your switch via console cable. You can see the step by step console connection process by clicking here. After making console connection, open your Putty window.
STEP BY STEP CISCO SWITCH PASSWORD RECOVERY PROCESS
- Unplug the power cable of Cisco switch.
- Press the “mode” button over Cisco switch.
- Re-power the device.
- Release the “mode” button after approximately 15-20 seconds. “switch: prompt:” should appear.
- Type “dir flash:” command.
- Type “rename flash:config.text flash:config.old” ( config.text is the file in your flash )
- Type “boot”
- Go to enable mode and type “rename flash:config.old flash:config.text”
- Type “rename flash:config.old flash:config.text”
- Type “copy flash:config.text system:running-config”
- Give your new passwords, type “write memory” and reload and that is all !